Unit 9 Lyon Business Park
Tea Palace is the data controller of your Information for the purposes of the Act.
We collect Information about you when you initially sign up for service. This Information is stored on our Secure Server (SSL) and is used to process your orders, and to help protect you against fraud. The Secure Server (SSL) encrypts all of your personal information, to ensure that the information you give us is protected against unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our web site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access. Use of the Information we collect about you is used to process orders, keep you updated on the status of our service and products and to automate certain functions on our web site. We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our web site. This includes information provided at the time of placing orders or requesting further services and products.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our web site and of fulfilment of orders.
- Information about your computer including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Details of your visits to our web site and the pages and resources that you access.
- To ensure content from our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our services and products and to update your Information.
We may also disclose your Information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets in which case we may disclose your personal data to the seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- to pass your Information to our affiliates or certain suppliers/sub-contractors to supply goods, services or information requested by you and we may pass your Information to them for this purpose;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of Tea Palace, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may provide other companies, such as advertisers (for the purpose of serving advertisements), suppliers, potential suppliers and potential customers of Tea Palace Limited and its affiliates with details about our services, but we will not provide them with any information which can be used to identify you.
- We may also use or permit selected third parties to use your Information to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you in accordance with any permissions granted by you when registering or ordering products on our website .
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file stored by your web browser on your computer or mobile device’s hard drive. Some cookies are essential for the Tea Palace websites to work, for example to remember what you have added to your basket while you browse our site and when you return to our site. They also allow us to improve the way our website works; improving your browsing pleasure at www.teapalace.co.uk
Types of cookies
1) Session cookies are deleted after each 'session'. When you are browsing the Tea Palace website, it will save information about your activity for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be deleted from your computer as soon as you close your browser. Without a session cookie, each item you add to your shopping basket would disappear by the time you reach the checkout.
2) Persistent cookies remember you for a set period of time unless you delete your cookies within this period. On your first visit to our site, you will see the default version of the site. When you return, the site may look different- you may already be logged in or old items may still be in your basket, as persistent cookies remember items you have viewed and whether you logged into or out of your account while on the site.3rd party cookies - Google Analytics
Disabling and deleting cookies
To stop cookies being placed on your computer, change your browser settings to either reject all cookies; to only allow “trusted sites” or only accept cookies from the Tea Palace website you are currently on. You can disable cookies on your computer by changing the preferences or options menus in your browser. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. However, some parts of our website will not operate correctly if you disable cookies.
For more detailed information about cookies and how to control them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Should you need to update your Information, you may do so at any time by visiting the registration page. If you have any additional questions, please send us an email at email@example.com